Back To School Night (Grades 10-12)/College Planning Session:
Wednesday, September 17:
- 6pm, Kogelman Theatre (Springbank Building) – College Planning Session.
- 7pm – 9pm, Teacher Presentations - Starting in first period classes, teacher presentations will begin promptly at 7pm. First period will be an extended period to include a video welcome from dignitaries in addition to the welcome from that classroom teacher. After first period you will have the opportunity to simulate your child’s schedule, periods one through seven, visiting each class for approximately 10 minutes. Parents also have the opportunity to meet teachers and receive information about joining the PTSA, Boosters and to becoming a sponsor for the WIRE. We can’t wait to see you there!
Freshmen and New Parent Coffee
Thanks to everyone who attended last night’s Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) meeting. As a follow-up, we are excited to offer a freshmen and new parent coffee on Friday, September 19th from 7:30am to 9am in Springbank Room 507. This coffee is an opportunity for networking with both members of the school’s administrative team and some experienced upperclassmen parents. It is also a way to continue answering questions about your child’s West Potomac transition. We recognize this coffee may be a stop on your way to work so please come and go as your schedule permits. Should you require any special accommodations to participate, please do not hesitate to contact Yanna Copeland, principal’s administrative assistant at 703-718-2504.
- Fairfax school chief Karen Garza takes ice bucket challenge (washingtonpost.com)
- Where 2014 WP Graduates will be Freshmen in the Fall
- WPHS is featured in the 2014 Washington Post list of more than 1,900 top high schools (also known as the Challenge Index)
- West Potomac is officially closed to NEW student transfers
15-19: SOL Non Writing
- College Info Night, Kogelman Theatre, 6pm
- Back to School Night, 10-12th graders, 7pm
19: Freshmen & New Parent Coffee, 7:30am - 9am, Springbank Room 507
22: Partner's for Safe Teen Driving, Auditorium, 7pm
29: STUDENT HOLIDAY (Strategic Planning Day for Staff)
2-3: Student Picture Days during English
6: PTSA Meeting, Library, 6:30pm
9: Back to School Night, 9th graders, 7pm
14-18: HOMECOMING WEEK
- Underclassmen: TESTING
- Seniors: Town Hall Meeting
- more info