What We Do
- FCPS operates one of the largest publicly-owned fleets in the country. Transportation is provided across the 399 square miles and over 2,700 miles of county roads for more than 110,000 students on more than 6,500 separate routes using a fleet of more than 1,500 school buses every day.
- FCPS transports more students every day than any school system in the United States with the exception of New York City.
- Bus service is also provided in support of a myriad of special programs from gifted and magnet programs to alternative learning, SOL, and special needs.
- Activity and field trip service is provided for more than 16,000 trips annually in support of various athletic and instructional needs.
- Local government programs such as Recreation, SACC, and Headstart receive transportation support when buses are available.
About Our Employees