- Parents are responsible for selecting their children's walking routes to and from bus stops, schools, and home.
- Parents are also responsible for providing supervision that is appropriate to the student's age, the student's maturity, and conditions on the route.
- FCPS staff does not assess all possible walking routes, supervise those routes, or guarantee the safety of any particular route. Staff provides general safety information to school communities, and responds to requests for specific information and advice when practicable. Staff also assesses routes for unusual hazards when concerns are brought to their attention by walkers, parents, or others.
- Special arrangements or precautions may be needed for younger riders such as Kindergarten or FECEP.
- Parents' Guide to Bus Safety