Transcript and Records Information

Transcripts are the school records that document a student’s attendance, classes taken and grades earned during each school year.  In Fairfax County Public Schools, (FCPS) the student cumulative record move up the grade levels as the student changes schools.

A request for a student's transcript (or other school records) requires a signed release

  • from the student if he or she is 18 years of age or older, or is enrolled in post-secondary education,
  • or from the parent or legal guardian (if the student is under 18 years of age).

Where to Make Your Request for Records:
As of June, 2016

If the student currently attends an FCPS school or last attended an FCPS school in the school years of 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 or 2015-16 then submit your request to the LAST school attended. Directory of FCPS schools

    • If a student attended an FCPS elementary school and progressed to an FCPS middle school, the remaining elementary records are at the middle school.
    • If a student attended an FCPS middle school and progressed to an FCPS high school, the remaining records are at the high school.

If the student last attended an FCPS school in the 2010-11 school year or an earlier school year, make your request to the Fairfax County Public Schools' Records Center using the following options:

How to Request Records:



Secure credit or debit card payment system.



Send completed form along with proof of identity to the following address:


FCPS, Records Center, Attention Registrar
3701 Franconia Road
Alexandria, VA 22310

Walk-in service is also available at this address Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Use door #6 when you arrive. You may call 703 329-7666 for more information. Please bring identification such as a driver's license or birth certificate.

All requests must include the following information:

  • Student's full name (as it was when attending school).
  • Student's date of birth.
  • Name of the last FCPS school attended.
  • Month and year the student last attended an FCPS school.
  • Whether the student graduated or withdrew.
  • The records being requested (high school transcript, middle school transcript, immunization records…)
  • The reason the transcript is being requested (i.e., education, employment, identification, etc.).
  • Full address(es) of where to send the copies.
  • The signature of either the parent (legal guardian) or the student depending on the student’s age. When submitting via mail, include a copy of your driver's license (or other U.S. government issued ID) to establish your identity and include a phone number in order to reach you if needed.

The cost for each request is $5.00 for the first six pages copied. If you are paying by cash, check or by money order, please make checks or money orders payable to FCPS.

You may obtain FCPS elementary, middle, and high school transcripts at the same time with the same request (provided the student attended all three levels at FCPS).  This can save you money and perhaps avoid another trip to obtain records.

How to Request A Replacement Diploma:

You may request a replacement diploma rather than a transcript if that is your preference. The replacement diploma process will take at least 45 days and the cost is $35.00. Be aware that a replacement diploma is not a copy; it is a reprint and will be marked "Replacement". The replacement will be the current diploma layout with the prior year of graduation documented.

To request a replacement diploma, open this link, and follow the instructions.

Records Request Forms




Optional Request Method


Additional Information

Call 703-329-7741 or
send an e-mail to FCPS transcripts.

Webpage Curator

Nancy Tyler

Last Updated

June 15, 2016