There are no emergency announcements at this time.
Go to The Source
Find out about FCPS schedule changes and news through e-mail, web and cable television.
When forecasters call for bad weather, the FCPS team goes into action to collect information and make a decision about whether to delay or close schools. This video explains and answers some common questions. Play (3:15)
When Fairfax County Public Schools have a schedule change (closing or delay) due to inclement weather or other emergencies, the information is communicated as soon as the decision is made in these ways:
- Posted here, Facebook and Twitter.
- Posted on TV Channel 21 (Cox Communications, Reston Comcast, and Verizon cable customers only).
- Sent via e-mail to parents, employees, and KIT Plus subscribers of Delayed Openings and School Closings through the Keep in Touch e-mail notification system.
- Called in to area radio and television stations.
- Sent via text message to Keep in Touch Plus subscribers who have opted to receive Delayed Openings and School Closings.
Inclement Weather Situations