There are no emergency announcements at this time.
Get the Facts
Find out where you need to go to get accurate information on FCPS closing information.
When forecasters call for bad weather, the FCPS team goes into action to collect information and make a decision about whether to delay or close schools. This video explains and answers some common questions. Play (3:15)
When Fairfax County Public Schools have a schedule change (closing or delay) due to inclement weather or other emergencies, the information is communicated as soon as the decision is made in these ways:
- Posted here, Facebook and Twitter.
- Posted on TV Channel 21 (Cox Communications, Reston Comcast, and Verizon cable customers only).
- Sent to parents and employees via e-mail and text message (SMS).
- Called in to area radio and television stations.
- Sent via e-mail to News You Choose subscribers of Delayed Openings and School Closings.
Inclement Weather Situations